Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Bacon “Freshover” French Toast


Bacon “Freshover” French Toast

When I cook, I LOVE to make extra servings, so I have meals ready for other days… A few days ago, I make some coconut pancakes…. And stored the rest in the fridge… Today, I was in the mood to create a new recipes, so I got out the remainder of the leftover pancakes and here is what I came up with…. I put in the nutrients for with or without pancakes so you could add in your own pancakes to the equation…. I LOVE what I came up with!... Very bread-like!.... They are so delicious!... Definitely a KEEPER! Enjoy!


In a large skillet, (I used my square electric skilled) turn on to medium heat…. Add first 4 ingrients… Then cover with lids to warm it all up…


8 tiny Low Carb Pancakes, leftover, refrigerated, cut into small pieces
2 tbsp. butter, dotted over the pancake pieces
2 Tbsp Bacon drippings, drizzled over pancake pieces and bacon
6 slices of cooked thin bacon, chopped


In a mixing bowl, add below ingredients and mix very well, then, gently pour over above ingredients….Cover with lid and cook over medium heat until set, flip over and cook a bit more…


6 large eggs, very well blended with…
2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla


When finished cooking, cut into 4 squares, then each into a triangle…. Serving size is 2 triangles or ¼ recipe… Serve with butter and Sugar Free Syrup (not included in nutrition totals…)


Makes 4 servings…


Each serving without pancakes equals…

Calories 303
Fat 25
Carbs 7
Fiber 4
Net Carbs 3
Protein 13



Each serving with pancakes equals…

Calories 429
Fat 35
Carbs 9
Fiber 6
Net Carbs 3
Protein 17


No comments:

Post a Comment